Exploring Your Style
Choosing your home in Viera is only the beginning. Our talented designers are here to guide you through the many choices that make it distinctly your own. The Viera Builders Design Studio is filled with samples for everything from flooring and counter tops to hardware and fixtures. Get ready for an exciting journey that brings you to the home of your dreams.
Commitment to Design
The Design Studio by Viera Builders is your home to inspiration and possibilities complemented with 5-star service and expertise. Here you will experience an array of diverse design finishes and styles and thoughtfully fashioned kitchen vignettes that span various genres and tastes. We showcase meticulously designed sample galleries that include cabinets, countertops, flooring, and staircase elevations. Samples are presented to make your homebuilding journey both efficient and fun. It is a special destination and home to some of the most respected brands in home design today.
The Studio was created with one question in mind: How do we deliver world-class service alongside world-class design? The answer was easy – by focusing on our clients. Our Design Team wants to collaborate with you to personalize your new home. We are creative and well versed in the most current and classic trends of home design. Our goal is to get to know you. We'd love to hear about the lifestyle you envision in your new home. Let us share our passion and knowledge for the details and ideas that will make your life more organized and beautiful. We are dedicated to making the new home building process easy, fulfilling and fun.
Once you are under contract our Design Studio will reach out to schedule your two three-hour design meetings.. Send us pictures, bring swatches. We will start the design process with you in mind.
The Design Process
Preview Your Design Choices
Every Monday from 11:00AM to 7:00PM, and Friday from 11:00AM to 5:00PM, we host an open house to introduce the design process to our homebuyers. During this design preview, you’ll see the options available to personalize your specific floor plan. The goal is to spark your inspiration as you prepare for a more extensive, one-on-one design selection session. Feel free to attend as many design previews as you want.
- Set a realistic budget - prioritize which options and finishes are most important to you.
- Think about how you live in your home. The perfect flooring for empty nesters may not suit an active growing family with pets. Your designer can help educate you on the differences between products and help you to select the best material for your space. Be sure to make note of your favorites.
- Kitchens and master suites SELL homes. Consider including upgrades that are not easily done after closing, such as flooring and countertops, into your mortgage. Weekend warrior projects are best spent on accent painting and hanging art.
- Think about electrical needs and lighting, before our design appointment and/or low-voltage meeting.
- Mentally place the beds in all bedrooms or visit our website. Our award winning designers have placed the furniture on our plans to achieve the highest form and function. Cable typically is installed across from the bed.
- Will you be hanging a flat screen TV on the wall? If so, now is the time to let us know. We can install outlets and a cable run on the wall. We typically recommend installation at 66" off the finished floor.
- Do you have a particular lamp or hutch that plugs in? Don't leave it to chance. Locate on your floor plan where you want it and purchase the outlet.
- Thinking about one of those new fancy TOTO Bidets in the Master water closet? Now's the time to purchase and additional GFI in the water closet.
- Love the look of Christmas lights across the front of your home? Purchase the outlets to be installed in the eaves and put a timer in the garage. You will be the envy of your neighbors.
- What about lighting in the great room, bonus room, study and even the bedrooms? Remember there are three basic types of lighting that work together to light our home; General, Task and Accent. A good lighting plan includes all three.
You probably already have ideas for your new home and dream kitchen. Pull together all your Pinterest boards and Houzz favorites. Collect the pages you’ve ripped out of magazines, and all the photos, fabric swatches, and other bits of new home inspiration. Get ready to share all your preferences with your designer.
- Design Magazines - Start tearing out your favorite pictures of rooms that inspire you.
- Share your favorite color chip or fabric sample with us.
- We love Pinterest! Share your pins with us.
- Browse Houzz.com and share your Idea books with your design consultant.
- Walk our models and snap pictures of your favorite tiles, details or paint colors.
Meet With Your Designer
Plan to spend about three hours exploring the possibilities in our Design Studio. We’ll guide you through an in-depth shopping trip where you choose every detail. We’ll look at your floor plan and sort through your options. With every choice, your home takes shape and you’ll begin to see your future Viera home.
Together, we’ll explore details such as colors, styles, and materials for everything from your floors and walls to the cabinets and countertops. Browse the fixtures and hardware as, step by step, you see your home take shape.
Personalizing your new home is the most exciting part of building, second only to Closing Day! Depending on whether you are building from the ground up or purchasing an inventory home under construction, many decisions must be made to personalize your new home.
Our Personalization process comprises two, three-hour meetings available on Tuesday-Thursday at either 9:00 AM or 1:00 PM. You will meet with our Low Voltage representative at the end of either session one or two. Low Voltage meetings are required on all homes depending on stage.
Meeting One: Heart of the Home
During this meeting, our team will guide you through an in-depth shopping trip where you will choose every detail. You will decide on your exterior color palette, cabinets, flooring, countertops, and plumbing, to mention just a few areas you will review. At the close of this meeting, you'll receive a copy of the items selected, and your design coordinator will advise you of items still outstanding for meeting #2.
For added confidence in your selections, we recommend you visit one of our Monday or Friday Preview sessions between your design meetings. During these sessions, no appointment is necessary, and you can browse at your leisure, confirming the selection you made during meeting one.
Meeting Two: The Finishing Touches
During this meeting, you will review your home's reflected ceiling plan- this is when you get to add recess can lighting and island pendants, additional switches, added outlets, etc.
It's essential that you are prepared for this meeting- remember, your design coordinator doesn't know what you don't know, so be sure to ask questions and come equipped with your specific electrical needs.
Finally, we will review all your selections made, and you will be required to authorize all choices at the completion of meeting two. You will receive a copy of your Personalization sheets and cabinet layouts at close of this meeting.
Your selection sheet and all drawings will be sent into our system for corporate authorization, and from there your new home selections are off to Brevard County permitting. Depending on the home and community, most homes go through permitting within about six weeks. Once that's completed, your design coordinator will advise you that all selections authorized are final and no additional changes can be made. Shortly after we receive your county approved "start" package, you'll receive a call from our construction department to schedule your Pre-Construction meeting.
- Design Appointment- Relax. Our skilled design team is ready to do all the heavy lifting!
- Your design consultant has reserved up to four hours just for you. It’s important to arrive on time so you can get right to work.
- Our designers are trained to take you through the process. They will explain Included Features, and available options, as well as pricing.
- Don’t forget to bring your notes from your Preview session where you wrote down some of your favorites.
- Make sure all contracted parties are available to attend this very important meeting.
Meet Our Studio Director
Nicole Neufeld Design Studio Director
Nicole Neufeld graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Interior Design. As an intern, she worked with a builder in Orlando, FL in their design studio. Once there, Nicole knew immediately that this was the profession she loved. She has since worked with private clients, has done model home merchandising, worked for leading builders in the Orlando, FL and Richmond VA market for 20 plus years. Her passion for design, building and love for people come together and make it the perfect fit for Viera Builders. She grew up with a mother who is an interior designer who had the same love and passion. She remembers designing her bedroom many times with her mother. That was one of her favorite things growing up and now does this with her children today. She hopes that maybe one of her kids will follow in her footsteps and find the love that her mother shared with her. Nicole loves following design trends, shop all things décor, and enjoys spending time with her 3 children and her high school sweet heart husband. She looks forward to having the design team help you to create your dream home with Viera Builders.